The 5 Steps
Witness in the Spirit. Personal Preparation
1) Be sure you are a Christian. Examine your life to be sure you have personally asked Jesus Christ to forgive your sins and be Savior and Lord of your life (1 John 5:13).
2) Have no un-confessed sin in your life. Sin will prevent us from being joyful, fruitful Christians (Psalm 139:23,24).
Confess your sins:
1) Agree with God that they are wrong;
2) Change your attitude toward the sin; and
3) Trust God for his cleansing.
4) Be sure that you are filled with the Holy Spirit. By faith, ask God to fill you with His Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).
5) Be prepared to share your faith.
Prepare your heart by making Christ the Lord of your heart. Prepare your mind by receiving training on how to best communicate your faith in Christ to others (1 Peter 3:15).
Take the Initiative
Pray. Neither wise words nor smooth techniques can draw a person to Christ. Only the Spirit of God can do so. By prayer, we seek His work in the lives of others.
Share the gospel with everyone you meet. Jesus commissioned His followers to take His message to the whole world (Matthew 28:18-20). Focus on Christ. Think about who He is, His payment for our sin, and the eternal life He offers. Remember that God “wants all men to be saved” (1 Timothy 2:4) and that His Spirit is at work drawing people to Christ.
Jesus said to the blind man He healed, “According to your faith will it be done to you” (Matthew 9:29). Because of God’s Spirit at work in people’s lives, we can expect things to happen. Jesus calls us to fruitfulness (John 15:16).