Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks. We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We are starting our series called, “Resurrection to Pentecost.” Today, we present Episode Three: The Road to Emmaus.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Rev. Rick DuBose. He is the Assistant General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, USA. Previously, he served as a Pastor and then as District Superintendent of the North Texas District. He has a Pastor’s heart for the lost, a passion for people to be disciple, and a global vision for world missions. You can learn more about him at www.ag.org/About/Leadership-Team/Assistant-General-Superintendent.
Questions for Reflection
1. Luke 24:13-35.
2. Consider the times when you could not see God working during your challenging season of life yet, later you realized that He was there all the time. How did you feel when you recognized that He was present all along and had worked for your good? How should this inspire you when you face another challenging season of life?
3. God loves to be in conversation with us. What can you do spend more time in His presence? What more should you share; your emotions, matters of your heart, your future?
4. Consider your current issue. What does the Bible teach about your situation? According to Scripture, what should you be thinking, doing, and planning?
5. Ask God to “open the eyes of your heart” (Ephesians 1:18) so that you can understand better what the Scripture teaches.
6. Keep searching Scripture diligently and engaging God in conversation until you recognize Him in your situation.
7. After Jesus left them, the two men commented that their hearts were “burning within us.” Pastor Rick taught us to trust the burn. What is the Lord saying to you as you read the Word of God and engage Him in conversation?
8. What can you do to learn the still small voice, the “gentle whisper” (I Kings 19:12) of the Lord?
Please visit Network211’s www.JourneyOnline.org to see more episodes and to receive more resources to help you grow in your journey with God.