Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks. We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We are starting our series called, “Resurrection to Pentecost.” Today, we present Episode One: The Resurrection.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Dave Kinney. He is the Lead Pastor at IES in Jakarta, Indonesia. Dave is a career Assemblies of God World Missions missionary and has spent most of his life in service overseas in nations such as the Philippines and Indonesia. You can visit the IES Church site at www.iesjakarta.org.
Questions for Reflection
- Read I Corinthians 15:1-58.
- Why is it important that Jesus was raised from the dead?
- Why should we no longer fear death as the end of our existence? How should this impact the way in which we live today?
- What is the meaning of the statement that “the best thing you have as a Christian is to lose your life”?
- Consider your current life situation. How does faith in the resurrected Christ help you understand what is happening to you? How can your faith in Christ bring comfort to you?
- Pastor Dave presented a quote that stated, “Christianity offered a prescription for action.” What actions should you take today that reflects your love for the Lord?