Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Nine: Oaths in Matthew 5:33-37.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Dr. Bob Caldwell. He is a noted biblical scholar and teacher who has a passion to see people grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Questions for Reflection
- As believers, how are we to be different than those in the world who do not follow Christ?
- What does it mean to read the Bible “literally”?
- What does it mean to read the Bible “literalistically”?
- Why was it improper for people in Jesus’ day to swear by someone, or something, else?
- Why it is important that we, as followers of Christ, are honest in our communication and live a life of integrity?