Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Eight: Divorce in Matthew 5:31-32.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Dr. Mike Clarensau. He serves as the Dean of the College of Bible and Church Ministries at Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU) in Waxahachie, TX. He is an accomplished leader, speaker, and author.
Questions for Reflection
- We bring a specific situation in mind into our discussion about this passage. What are your thoughts and ideas about this topic before you begin to read the verses?
- What is the historical context of Jesus’ teaching of this passage?
- What is the literary context of these verses?
- Respond to the thought that Jesus came to abolish the Law.
- What are the benefits or faithfulness and commitment in a marriage? What are the results of unfaithfulness and being uncommitted?