We are continuing our series called, “Resurrection to Pentecost.” Today, we present Episode Seven: The Decision in Acts 1.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Rev. Amy Flattery. She is the Director for the Center for Holy Lands Studies (CHLS). CHLS studies the Bible from the perspectives of culture, history, language, and Spirit. They provide in-depth biblical study trips to the lands of the Bible. To learn more please visit www.HolyLandsStudies.org.
Questions for Reflection
Read Acts 1:12-26.
- What were the three qualifications needed to replace Judas?
- Why did the disciples cast lots?
- Why is the Act 1 account the last time that casting lots is mentioned in the New Testament as a way of discerning God’s will?
- What did the disciples do in preparation for the coming gift of the Holy Spirit? What should we do to apply this to our lives?
- What is the key phrase used at the Council in Jerusalem (Acts 15:28) and how can we apply it to our lives?
Please visit Network211’s www.JourneyOnline.org to see more episodes and to receive more resources to help you grow in your journey with God.