Sermon on the Mount – Episode 5: The Fulfillment of the Law
Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Five: The Fulfilment of the Law in Matthew 5:17-20.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down. ”
Our guest is Dr. Dan Morrison. His background includes minister as a Pastor, military chaplain, and teacher. He is adept at taking difficult issues of Scripture to a level and we can understand and apply.
Questions for Reflection
- In what ways does your life reflect the aim of living as a member of God’s Kingdom?
- What areas of your life need to improve based on the Sermon on the Mount?
- Are there areas where you relax the commandments of God?
- As a follower of Jesus, how do you live out the aim of the Law and the Prophets (think Matthew 7:12)?
- How would you explain Christianity to someone who sees it as a list of “dos and don’ts?”
- How does following the spirit of the law impact your perspective as a follower of Jesus?