Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode 4: Salt and Light as read in Matthew 5:13-16.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.” Our guest is Pastor and Missionary Steve Wyndham. Steve and his wife, Maylin, live in Southport, UK. They train leaders and plant churches in Central Europe. Steve was a wealth of spiritual depth and ministry experience.
Questions for Reflection
- Describe how salt was used in Jesus’ day.
- How does the metaphor of salt apply to your life, as a believer?
- What is the value of salt if it loses its saltiness?
- Describe how even a small ray of light impacts the darkness around it.
- How does the metaphor of light teach us to act in our context of spiritual darkness?
- What should be your motives for letting your light shine onto everyone around you?