Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Twenty: A Tree and Its Fruit in Matthew 7:15-23.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Jeff Davis. He is the Sanctuary Lead Pastor and Adult Ministries Pastor at Life Center Church in Tacoma, WA. He has a wealth of pastoral ministry and has a passion to see believers thrive as disciples.
Questions for Reflection
- The blessing of Jesus is seen in what He is cultivating in our hearts and not seen only in our circumstances. What blessings do you have in your life? How is your life transformed?
- What are you doing daily to express “hearing and doing” and “saying and believing”?
- What result if you have right belief but not right action? What is the result of right action but without right belief?
- What “fruit” are you producing? What will be the result of your actions ten years, twenty years, and thirty years from now?
- Discuss the idea that good fruit is defined by our character and knowing Jesus rather than by our accomplishments and what we do for Jesus.
- Considering the truth that not everyone who says, “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven, what must we do to ensure we will go to heaven, according to this text?
- Discuss the idea that our daily living for Christ is “either, or” and not “both, and.”