Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Eighteen: Ask, Seek, Knock as read in (Matthew7:7-12.)
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Felicia Schmidly. She and her husband, Matt, pastor King’s Chapel in Springfield, MO. She has a passion to see people come to Jesus and to be discipled.
Questions for Reflection
- Who was the audience that Jesus was addressing in this passage?
- What was the audience’s view of approaching a king?
- What are your motives when you make a request to God?
- Ask yourself if your request will seek first God’s kingdom or if this is only for your betterment.
- Why does God not answer our requests the moment that we ask?
- Describe your daily interaction with God and consider what you can do to grow in your relationship with Him.