Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Seventeen: Judging Others (Matthew 7:1-6).
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Chuck DeVos. He is the Senior Pastor at LifePoint Assembly of God in Osceola, IA and been there almost thirty years. Also, he serves as a leader in the Osceola community.
Questions for Reflection
- How do you feel when you are judged by others?
- When is it right to judge others? When is it wrong to judge others?
- What does it mean to judge superficially?
- Describe the difference between hypocritical judgment and discernment.
- Are we to judge those who are not believers differently than believers and, if so, how?
- How are we to respond to believers that we have judged rightly?