Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Sixteen: Do Not Worry in (Matthew 6:25-34.)
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Kip McCormick. He is the Associate Pastor at Cornwall Church in Bellingham, WA. He is a retired Army Colonel, earned a PhD in Biblical Studies, and is an excellent communicator of God’s Word.
Questions for Reflection
- What are the three aspects of worry and anxiety that were mentioned?
- What is the definition of “worry”?
- What is meant by “what if” and “even if”?
- We are to focus on Jesus. We beginning by remembering that He will provide. List some more thoughts that should occupy our mind.
- When we focus on worry we tend to revert to old habits. What habits should you take to focus on Jesus and also to keep focused on Jesus?