Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Fourteen: Fasting in Matthew 6:1-4.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Andy Fox. He is the lead Pastor at Whatcom New Life Church in Ferndale, WA.
Questions for Reflection
- Why must fasting be a voluntary action on our part?
- Why is it important for us to get out of our routines of life and spend quality time focused on Jesus?
- How can fasting become a tool to manipulate others?
- How can fasting become a tool to manipulate God?
- How important is it for our fasting to be done in secret and why?
- What is our reward for fasting?