Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode 13: Prayer (Matthew 6:5-15).
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Ryan Bunbury. He is the Leader Pastor at Calvary Christian Assembly in Seattle, WA. He has a deep passion to help people find and follow Jesus. Calvary Christian Assembly has a great impact in their local community and in their global outreach.
Questions for Reflection
- What is the antidote for hopelessness?
- The “Lord’s Prayer” in Matthew 6:9-13 begins with the phrase, “Our Father.” Explain the meaning and importance of the word “our” in this verse.
- What is the benefit to us to understand the importance of bringing respect and honor to God’s Name?
- What are your personal top three priorities and are they aligned properly with God’s priorities for your life?
- Discuss the biblical response to anxiety and the feeling of being overwhelmed by daily life?
- What two responses should you make when you are attempting to forgive your offender?
- Explain the meaning of the phrase, “Jesus tests, Satan tempts” and apply this to your life.
- How does your life bring glory and honor to God?