Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode12: Giving to the Needy (Matthew 6:1-4).
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Rob Carlson. He is the Lead Pastor at Bethany Christian Assembly in Everett, WA. The church is very active in ministry in their local community and globally in world missions.
Questions for Reflection
- What are the three pillars of the Jewish faith that Pastor Rob mentions?
- How often are we to give alms?
- What does it mean that we are to give “in secret”?
- Who receives rewards from Jesus and why do they receive it?
- What are the seven attitudes that we should have when we participate in almsgiving?
- What actions and attitudes will you take to fulfill Jesus’ teaching on almsgiving?