Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Eleven: Love for Enemies (Matthew 5:43-48).
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Jim Ladd. He is the Lead Pastor at Evergreen Christian Community in Olympia, WA where he has served since 2011.
Questions for Reflection
- How is your culture different that the Kingdom of God?
- Why are we to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us?
- What does it mean that we should be perfect as God is perfect?
- What are some actions and behaviors that you can do to show that you love your enemies?
- How can we be a servant to God and to those we encounter daily?
- How are you going to empty yourself today and show love to others?