Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks.
We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We continue in our series called, “The Sermon on the Mount” Today, we present Episode Ten: Eye for an Eye (Matthew 5:38-42).
Our guest speaker is Jeremy Stein. He serves as the Educational Content Development and Teaching Strategist for the Center for Holy Lands Studies. Jeremy is an Assemblies of God minister and educator who had been a pastor and has hosted numerous teaching trips to Israel.
Questions for Reflection.
- Must admit our motives. Do we want vengeance or justice?
- We know that “any eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth” was to ensure that the punishment fit the crime. What are two other outcomes?
- If God is the only one who can get vengeance and retribution, then what must our reaction be?
- What are the four aspects of life that Jeremy Stein lists? How can you show God’s love to others for each aspect?
- If our desire is to glorify God before others, then how must we react to those who do evil to us?
- How can you show mercy and grace today?