Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks. We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We are continuing our series called, “Resurrection to Pentecost.” Today, we present Episode Ten: The Events After the Day of Pentecost
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest today is Pastor Kevin Smith. He is the Lead Pastor at Northland Cathedral in Kansas City, Missouri. Pastor Kevin is a Missionary Kid who grew up in Benin, West Africa and then in Belgium. He is fluent in French and ministered extensively through France, Belgium, and Luxembourg. Pastor Kevin has a passion to reach the lost, a burden to make disciples, and a global vision to fulfill the Great Commission. You can learn more about him at www.NorthlandCathedral.org.
Questions for Reflection
- Read Acts 2.
- After the infilling of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, how did the believers respond as seen in Acts 2:42-48?
- What does it mean in John 14:16 when Jesus says that He will send an advocate?
- Share what role that the Holy Spirit plays in our lives based in John 14:15-21.
- How does the Holy Spirit help us to live the life that Christ called us to live?
- Explain the meaning of John 14:17 when Jesus taught that the Spirit lives with us and in us.
Please visit Network211’s www.JourneyOnline.org to see more episodes and to receive more resources to help you grow in your journey with God.