Day 6: I Feel AnxiousAuthor: Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Treat anxiety as a signal rather than a condition. It is a signal to pray, and prayer will change your outlook of the thing you are facing.
2. More praying about it = less worrying about it. James 5:16 says, “The prayer of the righteous avails much.” Stop trying to SUBTRACT the anxiety. Instead, just ADD prayer the moment you feel it, and anxiety will leave!
3. When panic attacks, attack back! How do you attack anxiety and panic? You speak God’s Word out of your mouth.
4. It’s not your fault! Embrace this truth. Don’t blame yourself for feeling anxious. It’s the thief that comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Stop beating yourself up when you feel anxiety. Instead, beat up on the enemy by speaking God’s Word.
5. Remember your value. Because you are so valuable in God’s eyes, He will care for you. Yes, He values you, because He paid for you with the blood of Jesus! Worry and anxiety lose their power when you remember your value.
6. Breathe praise to God. “Let everything that has breath, praise the Lord” (Psalm 150:6). Experts agree that breathing literally helps manage anxiety. But when you BREATHE praise to God, you don’t just manage anxiety, you MASTER it.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
Anxiety has lost its power over me. When I feel anxious, it is a signal to pray and praise God. When I add prayer, anxiety is subtracted. Because I am so valuable to God, I know that He will take care of me. I attack panic by speaking the Word of God. The Prince of Peace lives inside of me, therefore, I have peace guarding my heart and mind. I breathe praise to God today, in Jesus’ Name!
Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
Foothills Community Church
Collections of thoughts from varied sources
Scripture verses from KJV or NIV unless specified