LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. You don’t have to find happiness. It will find you! Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:33 that as we seek His kingdom “. . . all these things will be added to you.” Expect happiness to be added to you as you put His kingdom first. How do you do that? Start each day by planting the seed of God’s Word in your life.
2. Happy is the man who does not condemn himself. Refuse to tolerate condemnation another second of your life. Romans 8:1 says, “There is no condemnation”. Believe that Jesus freed you from condemnation, and happiness will come!
3. Treat unhappiness as a signal to trust God. Jeremiah 17:7 says, “Happy is the man that trusts in the Lord.” Declare that you trust Him today!
4. The supreme happiness in life is the ASSURANCE that you are loved. You can be sure God loves you— no matter what. Nothing can separate you from His love. Think on that.
5. God will help you be happy today. Psalm 146:5 says, “Happy is he whose help and hope are in the Lord.” Ask for His help today. Ask Him for hope today. Believe you have received it, and joy will come.
6. In His presence is fullness of joy. Be mindful that you are in His presence now, by the blood of Jesus. And the Holy Spirit lives in you! It will change your view of life.
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I have the fullness of joy and happiness in life because I am in God’s presence, and the Holy Spirit lives in me. I walk in the supreme happiness of life, knowing that I am loved by God. I refuse to condemn myself because there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. God will always help me, and my hope is in Him. Therefore, I am happy, in Jesus’ Name!
Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
Foothills Community Church
Collections of thoughts from varied sources
Scripture verses from KJV or NIV unless specified