Day 27: I Feel AloneAuthor: Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. He is in the boat with you! In Mark 4:36-40, Jesus was asleep in the boat. Someone asked me once, “How do we wake Jesus up, when He is asleep in our boat, in the middle of a storm?” Well, I said, “You don’t wake Him up. You rest with Him!” If He’s not worried, don’t you worry. HIS PRESENCE calmed the storm then, just as it will do now.
2. The disciples didn’t need Jesus to awake. They needed to awake to the fact that God was with them. When you know He is with you, there is nothing to fear. Psalm 23:4 says, “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear NO EVIL, for You are with me!”
3. Great miracle = Jesus calmed the storm. Greater miracle = Jesus slept IN THE MIDST of the storm. When you realize He is in your boat with you, you will have supernatural peace. Calming the storm is great; peace in the midst of it is greater!
4. DO NOT MISTAKE FIRE IN YOUR LIFE FOR GOD’S ABSENCE. In Daniel 3:22–25, Jesus was the fourth man in the fire with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. He was present in the middle of the fire. Just because you don’t feel His presence, doesn’t mean He isn’t there. BELIEVE HE IS WITH YOU, and eventually, your situation will FEEL HIS PRESENCE!
5. Psalm 91:10 says, “No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your tent.” The next verse says, “For He will give His angel(s) charge concerning you.” There are many angels involved in our lives, but this is talking about HIS ANGEL. The Old Testament “Angel” is Jesus Christ himself. He is Lord; therefore He has charge concerning us!
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I am not trying to get in God’s presence; I am already in, through the blood of Jesus. He is in my boat with me. He is not “over there”. He is “here” right now—with me and in me!
I awake to the fact that He is with me. There is no separation. I can rest with Him, in the midst of any storm. I can walk with Him in the midst of the fire.
I am fearless, because He is with me. Therefore, no evil shall befall me, nor shall any plague come near my dwelling place—my church, my home, my body, or my life—in Jesus’ Name!
Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
Foothills Community Church
Collections of thoughts from varied sources
Scripture verses from KJV or NIV unless specified