Day 16: Small ThinkingAuthor: Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. Your God is too small! Everything changes when we LET GO OF A SMALL GOD. How big is your God? Scientists estimate there are over 100 billion galaxies and 100 billion stars in each of them! And God created them and calls them all by name. He’s BIG.
2. How big is He? He’s big enough to take away the sin of the world; to allow us to make mistakes without punishment; to put great dreams in human hearts; and big enough to not have to threaten us to accept Him. He’s a BIG, BIG GOD!
3. Think big! Renew your mind to God’s language. For example: “Ask for the nations” (Psalm 2); “Speak to the mountain” (Mark 11); “Your descendants shall be as numerous as the stars” (Genesis 15); “You shall possess the land” (Numbers 13), and so on. God uses big language and gives us big dreams!
4. Ask big! Get your Jabez on! He prayed: “Lord, bless me indeed. Enlarge my territory…” Ask Him that today. “. . . and God granted his request.” Ephesians 3:20 says, “God is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we can ask or think.” Start asking and thinking the way God says to.
5. Never stop dreaming and envisioning a better life. In Acts 2:17 God says, “In the last days I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.” Do you see? He says, “Old men will dream dreams” because even as we get older, we are not supposed to stop dreaming! God wants you to keep dreaming no matter what!
6. Take your seat! What do I mean? God has seated us with Jesus Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6). We have been given a divine authority and divine point of view. That’s how we need to look at life—from our position, seated above all limitations!
7. Imprint this on your heart and mind: royalty destroys inferiority! Acquaint yourself with your new bloodline. You are royalty in Christ. This makes you reign over life (Romans 5:17). When you know that you are made righteous and made royal by His blood, it makes you as confident and bold as a lion! Believe it!
THINK IT AND SAY IT
I give up small thinking. I let go of a small god. I agree with God’s way of looking at things and God’s language. I choose to think bigger and bigger every day, and to ask for the things God desires for me. I accept the visions and dreams that the Holy Spirit wants to give me; and I let go of all failure, disappointment, and fear-based thoughts, in Jesus’ Name!
Pastor Larry & Pat Downing
Foothills Community Church
Collections of thoughts from varied sources
Scripture verses from KJV or NIV unless specified