Welcome to Network211’s JourneyTalks. We want to help you discover and grow in your journey with God. We will engage the Bible with you so that you can understand better what it teaches and also so that you can apply it to your daily life.
We are continuing our series called, “Resurrection to Pentecost.” Today, we present Episode Five: The Great Commission.
Your host is Dr. Mark Flattery. He serves as President of Network211. Mark is a career missionary who has served in ministry all of his adult life. He is the author of “Stand Firm: What to Do When Life Knocks You Down.”
Our guest is Pastor Curt Demoff. He is the Lead Pastor at Bridgewood Church in Clarkston, MI. He and his wife started Bridgewood Church in 2002 and have been in ministry for over thirty years. They have a passion to win the lost and to see God’s purpose fulfilled in the lives of those they serve. You can learn more about the church at www.BridgewoodChurch.com/online.
Questions for Reflection
- Read Matthew 28:18-20.
- What qualifies a Christian to be given a mission from Christ?
- Compare the authority of Jesus with the authority of others. How should you live your life knowing that you follow the One with all authority?
- What are the limitations, if any, to the command that believers are to go and make disciples of all nations?
- What does the statement mean, “evangelism is not an event but a lifestyle”?
- What is a disciple?
- What is the importance of being baptized?
- How important to their spiritual growth is teaching new believers to obey all that Christ commanded?
- What did Pastor Curt mean when he used the term, “multiplication of mission”?
- 10.Where do we get power to fulfill the mission?
- What changes should you make to your life to live out the mission given by Christ?
Please visit Network211’s www.JourneyOnline.org to see more episodes and to receive more resources to help you grow in your journey with God.